As the weather gets warmer, I’ve got renovation on my mind and the laundry room is first on the list. In its current state the laundry room is cold, dingy, and slightly creepy. This spring we plan on replacing the windows and patching the walls so that we can add all the pretty things you see below.
1. Color on the walls. I’m thinking of a nice blue/green/gray. I found this swatch listed in the 26 best Grays from House Beautiful. It’s Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue.
2. Adding some much needed light. The IKEA Foto light would work, but I’m thinking of hacking some clamp lights from the hardware store for the same effect.
3. Some pretty storage baskets. These Threshold Baskets at Target are great.
4. I plan on leaving the exposed copper pipe unpainted for nice contrast with the blue green walls.
5. Wood countertops. I’m a big fan of the IKEA Numerär countertops in our kitchen nook and would like to use them in the laundry room as well. They add some nice warmth and color to the room.
6. Open storage. At $14.99 it doesn’t get much better than the IKEA Hyllis shelving unit.
7. New floors. We bought this groutable vinyl flooring on closeout last year and can’t wait to put it down.
8. Classic white cabinets. IKEA Akurum cabinets with Harlig or Applad plain white doors.